Saturday, November 21, 2009

Architectural Sculpting Clay and Myself

okay, i'm trying a different clay of late.  the problem with wetness i was having with the stoneware clay wasn't all me.  the studio manager was demo'g for me and he had the same problem with it going dry easily.  i did find yesterday if i pulled the handle while standing at the sink and thus using the clear running water and not the slurry my water had become in the bucket, the tearing was greatly reduced.  i think that i may have to consider that a contributing problem.  but i'll be in the studio today to work on it more.  i do so need to update my pottery notebook.

i've updated my etsy.com blog with more pics.  i guess had i been thinking i'd have posted all the pics and commentary on work in progress here.  but, this blog is really intended to be a discussion of potting itself.

regards

No comments:

Post a Comment